Tonight a new Miss USA will be crowned LIVE from Baton Rouge, Louisiana on NBC at 8/7c. But what happens next? What does she receive? What does Miss USA do?
The Miss USA Prize Package Includes:
Luxury accommodations in an apartment in NYC, including living expenses and a salary
Gifts from the official sponsors
Consultation with a professional wardrobe stylist and access to an appearance wardrobe
A one-year scholarship from the New York Film Academy
Professional skin and hair care services as well as fitness services throughout her reign
Representation by the Miss Universe Organization and Rubenstein Public Relations
Modeling Portfolio by leading fashion photographer, Fadil Berisha
The chance to travel the world as a goodwill ambassador
The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that opens professional doors that would not otherwise be accessible
After the new Miss USA is crowned she will attend a press conference, then fly from Baton Rouge to New York City where she will meet with the Miss Universe Organization family. She’ll move into her new apartment next to Central Park to live with her roommate, Gabriela Isler, Miss Universe 2013. Next, she’ll begin her media training and media training during her first week as Miss USA.
This year we will be saying goodbye to Miss USA 2013, Erin Brady, who became the first woman from Connecticut to capture the Miss USA title. A former number cruncher and financial accountant for Prudential Retirement, the 26-year-old East Hampton native graduated from Central Connecticut State University with a degree in Finance and a minor in Criminal Justice. Erin was raised in a tumultuous household where she witnessed alcohol and substance abuse, and has taken that experience to champion and advocate for children who have been exposed to similar situations. She became a role model for her two younger sisters, and made the decision to live on her own at age 17. Erin says this decision taught her to be independent, self-sufficient, and emotionally strong. As a very resourceful young woman, Erin paid her way through school by waitress and became the first person in her family to obtain a college degree. Erin is engaged, and had to postpone her wedding as it was originally set for the same date she competed in the Miss Universe pageant in Moscow, Russia. As for their wedding day, Erin’s fiance said that he’d be “happier than the girl who wins the Miss USA 2014.”
From Bitter Glitter, Congrats on your achievements, Erin and best of luck in your future!
You’ve probably heard by now that the Miss USA 2014 pageant is airing this Sunday, June 8, 2104 live on NBC at 8/7 central. Bitter Glitter will bring you some great pageant info and behind the scenes tidbits for the remainder of the week in honor of all the beauty and excitement Miss USA brings.
This year the Miss Universe Organization has teamed up with CHI Haircare to create the haircare line, Miss Universe Style Illuminate, sold exclusively at Ulta. The line is composed of 10 products, ranging from hair tools to hair spray. The entire idea behind this line is to allow women to rework and remold several styles in one day. Who doesn’t want that? Can we say day to night made easy? I’m in. the line was specially formulated with a blend of vitamins and oils including Moringa and Macadamia to enhance volume and provide hold without product buildup. Yes, please!
I had the opportunity to speak to some of the contestants a couple of days ago, and Miss Alaska USA 2014, Kendall Rae Bautista, absolutely raved over the “Work Your Style Flexible Hairspray” in the Miss Universe Style Illuminate collection. She explained, “I need a lot of product because my hair has a mind of its own.” I completely understand her problem. You can find that hairspray here. And seriously, how beautiful is she??
Upon Miss Alaska’s recommendation I picked up some of the Miss Universe Illuminate Style collection this weekend! I grabbbed some of the “Work Your Style Flexible Hairspray” and tack on the “Restage Dry Shampoo.” I’m a sucker for trying new dry shampoos. I can’t wait to put these products to the test!
I had the luxury of attending the Miss USA 2014 Preliminary Competition this past Wednesday night, and it was fantastic! The final round airs live from Baton Rouge, Louisiana on NBC this Sunday, June 8, 2014 at 8/7 central, and I don’t think you want to miss it! The stage is absolutely beautiful this year, reflecting the rich culture of Louisiana and combining it with the glam of Miss USA.
The preliminary competition features the swimwear competition and the evening gown competition. At the live event on Sunday, the top 15 will be announced. The top 15 will then compete in swimwear and evening gown. But there’s a new catch this year!! Using the hashtag #savethequeen, you’ll be able to vote for and possibly save your favorite contestant during the live show. From the top 15, the top 6 will be announced. The top 6 will then go on to compete in the interview portion of the competition, and the winner will be crowned from those 6.
After the preliminary competition, here’s a little run down of my favorites who I think could land in the Top 15 spots! Let’s hope I get a few right! (in alphabetical order/numerals are not ranking)
1. Miss Alabama USA 2014, Jesica Warren Ahlberg, 24, Selma — Jesica will be starring in the upcoming Sci-Fi film “Selfless,” and tells BitterGlitter that her favorite beauty product is her NARS blush in “orgasm.” (I agree. Great blusher, lady!)
2. Miss Alaska USA 2014, Kendall Rae Bautista, 21, Eagle River — Kendall started the first Alaska chapter of the “Queen for a Day” Foundation, and as the director, she aids in giving therapeutic experiences to chronically ill children by dressing them up and having tea parties! She also tells BitterGlitter that her can’t live without beauty product is the Miss Universe Style Illuminate Flexible Hairspray. (I can’t wait to grab that!)
3. Miss California USA 2014, Cassandra Kunze, age 20, San Diego — The beauty product she can’t live without is MAC’s brow pencil in “fling,” and says she never leaves home without her brows on! (And what a very personable young lady! She’s definitely one of my front runners!)
4. Miss Florida USA 2014, Brittany Oldehoff, age 25, Fort Lauderdale — She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice and wants to be a part of the Secret Service when she’s not walking the runway on Project Runway and at Michael Kors shows.
5. Miss Hawaii USA 2014, Moani Anna Marguerite Hara, age 24, Honolulu — She’s a professional model and hula dancer.
6. Miss Illinois USA 2014, Alexis Atkins, age 21, Champaign — She began taking acting classes upon the advice of Bill Murray, and will be starring in an upcoming television show.
7. Miss Louisiana USA 2014, Brittany Alyson Guidry, age 21, Houma — She’s a working print and runway model who tells Bitter Glitter that her favorite beauty product is the Image Skincare Ormedic Balancing Lip Enhancement Complex.
8. Miss Massachusetts USA 2014, Caroline Lunny, age 23, Holliston — She loves acting and broadcasting, and one day hopes to host her own television show.
9. Miss Nebraska USA 2014, Amanda Marie Soltero, age 22, Columbus — She holds a degree in broadcasting, and is currently the spokeswoman for Sammy’s Superheroes, a non-profit organization dedicated to raising awareness and funding research for childhood cancer.
10. Miss Nevada USA 2014, Nia Sanchez, age 24, Las Vegas — Beware of this gorgeous beauty, she holds a 4th degree black belt in karate! (This girl is definitely in my front runner group!)
11. Miss New Jersey USA 2014, Emily Shah, age 19, Edison — She’s been a stunt team worker for the films Captain America II and Fast and the Furious VII, and Clint Eastwood once asked her to be his bodyguard.
12. Miss New York USA 2014, Candace Kendall, age 24, Rochester — This beauty graduated magna cum laude earning a bachelor’s degree as a double major in finance and accounting, in addition to being an accomplished dancer and model.
13. Miss North Dakota USA 2014, Audra Mari, age 20, Fargo — She’s a hockey player who takes a strong stance on bullying, and even appeared on the Dr. Phil show to talk about bullying. (Another one of my front runners!)
14. Miss Oklahoma USA 2014, Brooklynne Young, age 19, Norman — Brooklynne is the youngest of seven children and enjoyed helping to design her pageant gown with her older sister who is an evening wear designer.
15. Miss Rhode Island USA 2014, Christina Palavra, age 19, Providence — This Brazilian and Cape Verdean beauty loves writing poetry and encouraging children to find confidence through academics. (Another BitterGlitter front runner! Smart & beautiful stunning!)
16. Miss South Carolina USA 2014, Christina Isabelle Zapolski, age 22, Charleston — Christina is a tall beauty at 6 feet tall, and is signed to Ford Models and has appeared in SELF and Fitness magazines.
17. Miss Texas USA 2014, Lauren Guzman, age 24, Loredo — Lauren is one of a kind who holds a degree in forensic science and is a part of the local and state law enforcement supplemental team for disaster relief. (This one could take the crown!)
18. Miss Utah USA 2014, Angelia Nichole Layton, age 22, Manti — Angelia was previously on Survivor Philipines, and also attends the Art Institute of Salt Lake City majoring in retail management.
19. Miss Wisconsin USA 2014, Bishara Dorre, age 24, Milwaukee — This daring darling is a Fox Sports Wisconsin television personality who once repelled 340 feet off Lambeau Field for charity.
So there are my 19 guesses for who I think has a good shot at the top 15. Do you have any predictions? Who’s your favorite!? Comment below!
Tune in Sunday, June 8 to see who gets crowned LIVE from Baton Rouge on NBC at 8/7 central!