I get asked a lot about which dry shampoos do not leave white streaks in your hair, and in my experience, if you’re applying them properly, NONE of them should! So, I wanted to give y’all a quick video tutorial on how to use dry shampoo such that you don’t end up with the white streaks in your hair. Follow the tips in the video, and I promise, you’ll never see white streaks no matter what dry shampoo you use!
Products featured in this video:
- Miss Universe Restage Dry Shampoo ($16, available for purchase here)
- Batiste Hint of Color Dry Shampoo for Dark and Deep Brown hair (comes in various hair color options, $8.99, available at Ulta and some drugstores)
- Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion (available here or where Aveda is sold, $24)
- Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment (available here or at Ulta and some drugstores, $6.99)
General tips for using dry shampoo:
- apply underneath sections of hair
- apply at night before sleeping so that the product has time to soak up any oil production overnight
- use just after a fresh wash/blow dry as a styling product to “dirty” up hair, create texture, help add volume, and/or give a good base for teasing (aka back-combing) hair.
- clean hair brushes regularly so as not to introduce old oil (from the fall out strands on your brush) into your hair
- spot treat as necessary
- spray on a bobby pin for a secure all day hold
- if you accidentally use too much, massage in well and then use your blow-dryer to rid the excess
- because dry shampoo soaks up oil, be sure to add the oil back into the ends
Hope you enjoyed these tips! Let me know in the comments if you try it or if you have any other dry shampoo tips!